How to change the root password:
Step 1: Install Mobile Terminal
- Launch Cydia
- Tap on the Search tab
- Search for MTerminal
- Tap on MTerminal from the search results
- Tap on Install, followed by Confirm to install MTerminal on your device.
Change root password
- Launch the MTerminal app from the Home screen.
- Type su root at the prompt and tap on the return key.
- You will be prompted to enter the password, enter alpine and tap the return key.
- Type passwd
- You will be prompted to enter the new password, enter a new password and tap the return key.
- You will be prompted to re-enter the new password, enter the new password again and tap the return key. (Note that your keypresses will not be displayed on the terminal screen for security reasons)
Change mobile user password
You should also change the password of the mobile user, which is the regular user account on your device.
- Enter passwd mobile and tap on the return key.
- You will be prompted to enter the new password. Enter alpine, and tap on the return key to continue.
- You will be prompted to re-enter the new password, enter alpine again and tap the return key.
# Install basic tools
These 4 tools can be installed from cydia:
apt 0.6 transitional
apt 0.7 strict
Then use putty or other ssh tool to ssh to your iphone or use iOS Terminal to issue these command:
apt-get install wget subversion
# Download correct version of ruby and dependencies, or you can download it on PC then transfer it to iphone/ipad by ifunbox or other tool
wget http://apt.saurik.com/dists/tangelo-0.9/main/binary-iphoneos-arm/debs/rubygems_1 .2.0-3_iphoneos-arm.deb (you may get an error message say eddition conflict)
# Install them
dpkg -i iconv_1.14-1_iphoneos-arm.deb
dpkg -i zlib_1.2.3-1_iphoneos-arm.deb
dpkg -i ruby_1.8.6-p111-5_iphoneos-arm.deb
dpkg -i rubygems_1.2.0-3_iphoneos-arm.deb
# Delete them
rm -rf *.deb
git clone git://github.com/rapid7/metasploit-framework msf3 ( if you can not run this command, use apt-get install git)
Use ruby -v to check the version of ruby. If you get the message “illegal instruction: 4”, then try:
sed -i'' ' s/\x00\x30\x93\xe4/\x00\x30\x93\xe5/g;s/\x00\x30\xd3\xe4/\x00\x30\xd3\xe5/g;' /usr/local/bin/ruby