1. Remove the Existing antivirus
2. Get the Proxy info ready
3. Unblock the
One or more clients for Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition cloud (SEP SBE) displays the message, “Installation not completed” and “Please check that you have an Internet connection. You may also need to adjust your firewall and proxy settings.”
The Installer could not install all the components for the following reason:
Please check that you have an Internet connection. You may also need to adjust your firewall and proxy settings.
Error found in C:\ProgramData\Symantec.cloud\syminstall\SymantecLauncher.log:
ERROR: ValidateInstallPackage result: -1 Error in SEP.Cloud
This is commonly related to Bigfoot Networks Killer Network Manager Software, and Bigfoot Networks Driver being out of date. However, there are many causes that can result in this error.
- Be sure that the computer has access to all of the necessary URLs
- Check proxy settings of installer
- Launch the installer
- At the configuration page of the Install Wizard click on Advanced under Proxy Settings
- Ensure this is configured correctly for your environment
- If no proxy is in use uncheck Enable Proxy
- click Save
- Check proxy settings in Internet Explorer
- Open up Internet Explorer and go to Tools> Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings. Confirm this is configured correctly based on your environment, if no proxy is in place auto detect settings should be checked.
- Reset TCP & Winsock, open up a command prompt and enter the following commands
netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
netsh winsock reset
- Reboot the machine and let it process the changes, this could take up to 15 minutes depending on system resources and internet connection