How to Use Disavow Links
You can use the Disavow Links tool to submit page, directory, or domain URLs that may contain links to your site that seem “unnatural” or appear to be from spam or low quality sites. This feature can be easily found in the Configure Your Site section of the navigation.
Adding a URL
Using the Disavow Links tool, you can easily and quickly alert Bing about links that are pointing at your site that you don’t trust. To start disavowing a link, follow these steps:
- Using the drop-down, you can choose whether the URL you provide is entire domain, a directory, or an individual page.
- Enter the URL of the domain, directory or page containing the link or links that you want to disavow
- Click Disavow
Exporting or Removing Disavowed URLs
To export the list of URLs that you are currently disavowing to a file in CSV format, click Export. To remove a URL from the list, select it by clicking the adjacent checkbox and clicking the Delete Button.
- These disavow signals help Bing understand when you find links pointing to your content that you want to distance yourself from for any reason.
- You should not expect a dramatic change in your rankings as a result of using this tool, but the information shared does help Bing understand more clearly your intent around links pointing to your site.
- There is no limit on the number of links you can disavow via this tool.
- Links that have been disavowed through this tool will still be shown and counted as part of the in Inbound Links tool.